[General] Answers to Some Objections

Andrew Meulenberg mules333 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 08:43:45 PDT 2015

Dear John M,

Thank you for clarifying some issues. Comments below.

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 7:26 AM, John Macken <john at macken.com> wrote:

> Andrew,
>

> I do not understand your comment “I spent a lot of time trying to make
> the electric dipole model of the photon work. I did not succeed.”  There
> are dipole waves in spacetime which modulate volume and the rate of time.
> For example a wave maximum might be defined as the portion of a dipole wave
> in spacetime that expands volume and slows the rate of time, while the wave
> minimum would do the reverse. This is not to be confused with an electrical
> dipole.

I recognize the problem now. I suspect that I would have problems with any
type dipole representation of the photon in 3-D. This includes density
variation dipoles. However, dipoles in 4-D may work well. (That is my
present model.)

If the dipole oscillates along the time axis, local time slows in both
directions. Does/can anything speed time up?

> Groups of charged particles can have an “electrical dipole moment” which
> has units of Coulomb-meter. Photons do not have an “electrical dipole
> moment”.  Also, electromagnetic waves do not produce a modulation of the
> rate of time or modulate total volume.  If they did, then EM radiation
> would produce an oscillating rate of time gradient.

I think that all of these statements are suppositions - and maybe
incorrect. If photons have E-fields, they have electric dipoles
(multipoles?). If photons have field-energy gradients, they will distort
space and therefore have variations along the time axis (just enough to
provide self-focusing sufficient for a soliton). I don't know enough about
4-D volumes to comment on them . However, I expect that local volumes are
modulated by the photon's field oscillations. On the other hand, I have no
idea about what is a dipole moment about the time axis. Unit analysis might
teach us how to form one.

> All rate of time gradients produce a gravitational acceleration.  For
> example, a gravitational acceleration of 1 m/s2 corresponds to a gradient
> of 1.11x10-17 s/s/m (seconds per second per meter).  Therefore, if EM
> radiation produced a modulation of the rate of time, neutral particles such
> as neutrons would oscillate when EM radiation passed their location.  In
> fact, waves that modulate the rate of time are forbidden on the macroscopic
> scale because they would produce a violation of the conservation of
> momentum.  Dipole waves in spacetime are permitted to modulate the rate of
> time because even though they displace neutral particles, I show in my book
> that the maximum displacement they can produce is equal to Planck length.
> This is allowed by quantum mechanics.

I would expect a much greater local change in time to provide the gradient
in refractive index (GRIN) required for self -focusing of a photon and
orders of magnitude greater yet to produce a wormhole and confine a photon
as an electron-positron pair.

> If you have an analysis photons based on my ideas that is not working out,
> I would like to see it.

Your ideas may provide the mathematical details needed to validate my model.

Andrew