[General] Einstein Philosophy by Dyson

chandra chandra at phys.uconn.edu
Fri Apr 24 16:31:50 PDT 2015

Friends:

For a brief moment, allow me to change the subject. Freeman Dyson is an
excellent writer. In the last part  of his "Book Review" article (attached),
Dyson beautifully summarizes the three philosophical positions of Einstein
(Classical), Bohr (Duality) and the current generation (Quantum-Only). To
save time and to get to the philosophy segment, jump to the bottom of the
picture showing Bohr and Einstein goofing and relaxing!

My philosophical position is more in line with Einstein; while acknowledging
that the one of the three key reasons behind the emergence of quantum
uncertainty is "because the processes in the second layer are unobservable"
(Dyson). This is why I have proposed, with demonstrated experiments in my
book ("Causal Physics"), that when we start framing our enquiring postulates
to imagine and visualize the invisible interaction processes, the nature
start to become a lot more transparent even within the current QM
formalisms. Further, this philosophy of Interaction Process Mapping
Epistemology (IPME) shows that current QM, in spite of its great successes,
a next generation formalism with deeper levels of enquiry has to be
developed by the next generation. In other words, I am suggesting that our
Knowledge Gatekeepers should change their blind devotion to currently
successful theories and encourage the next generation to come up with
various serious but radically different possible approaches.  Our conference
platform is one such example.

If we do not deliberately frame our enquiring questions to visualize the
invisible aspects of nature's interaction processes; we will forever remain
in the darkness of duality. Duality represents ignorance; it does not
represent new or better knowledge. We have to go beyond Bohr.

Chandra.