[General] Philosophical Insights and Electrical Charge

David Mathes davidmathes8 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 29 18:20:52 PDT 2015

John
In investigating and attempting to describe the internal structure of the electron one can come with all sorts of models from the top down or the bottom up. One would like to think they have locked in a solution with those two approaches.
However, the puzzle of the internal electron may require additional views. Graduate business schools teach two additional required views with the puzzle level and the enterprise architecture level. The puzzle is where pieces are fitted together, usually 1 piece connects with 3 or 4 other pieces. The enterprise level is more of a matrix level.
The puzzle level is usually two dimensional with adjacent connections and combines the top down and bottom up views into a cohesive and coherent picture. Pieces that are absent or leftover need to be addressed as well. Puzzles assume atomization, in physics terms the smallest amount of matter, but not necessarily an either/or choice nor a black and white solution. One is often reconstructing in the light a picture that has been deconstructed by reductionism without regard to any properties of emergence.
The fourth method is the enterprise framework. In the simplest form, the Bachman framework is a 5 x 6 matrix, commonly used in IT, finance, administration and program management. However, one quickly learns this matrix is a confluence or better yet, a nexus of information from multiple dimensions in both directions. In part, this is a result of pieces that didn't fit or were simple not present in the other three levels. While desirable as a goal, the enterprise level depends on all three other levels at least in the seed round, the first iterative round of examination.
Notably, there are nested solutions which is typical of science. In the past 150 years we have moved from the macro to the molecular to the atomic to the elementary scale. Perhaps there is yet more room at the bottom for yet another level for "quanta" that define the photon for example. And the "quanta" may itself have structure so there may be at least two levels below the elementary particle scale.
Does the quanta level matter at this point? Not really. We have our hands full at the electron level. We are still trying to describe the electron using a photon and need to make stipulations and assumptions to make progress carefully. And then test those assumptions. Great experiments with great test equipment are also required. Starting with a photon and working up also requires starting with at least the electron, and perhaps the contextual environment of the electron even beyond the free electron model.
For matter in general, the direction of approach also matters. In physics, especially for general relativity and quantum mechanics which in turn implies quantum gravity, the frame of reference is essential but quite confusing at times often requiring careful attention on many levels at once. One only needs to look at the vector simplification from higher order tensors or the scalar-vector theories to realize that one cannot look at a single tensor rank, but all ranks and their permutations. What results is a Monte Carlo analysis approach with a best fit analysis.

The term mechanistic approach is too closely associated with metaphysics. I would say that the universe is describable, perhaps to the point of an equation set. It's certainly not obvious. And there is often multiple ways to reach the same conclusion even in mechanics; we can use conservation of momentum or equally as valid is conservation of energy in most cases. One 5D theory, Dynamic Theory (Williams 1993) starts with energy density in a 5x5 matrix and uses a thermodynamic approach to show how all other 4D theories (GRT and QM) can be derived from 5D.
The proposed Charge Conversion Constant appears to be valid external to the electron. I might accept it but I'm not sure that all of the assumptions have been addressed.
For the box one is building no matter how great or small, out of the box thinking especially at the "atom" level requires context and assumptions. The speed of light may be valid for all levels, but the actual value will differ on conditions. Challenge the conditions.

Clearly, GRT limits the velocity of light to c. However, that is contextual and has problems below the Planck limits. At a nested level within the box, in the Theory of the Electron (Dirac 1938) he wondered in the paper why the photon traversing an electron appeared faster than expected. Could it be that the electron has a negative vacuum?
While I agree the universe may seem like only spacetime, on larger scale there is the multiverse.
As to spacetime, some of us do attempt to think of spacetime as not just being flat like earth used to be thought of, but curved and perhaps even a vortex. General relativity theory (GRT) provides a non-linear basis for one aspect of what we know. However, GRT has a major disconnect with quantum mechanics(QM). The Standard Model lost it's symmetry with Higgs, some would say with the gluon family. And CPT violations tell us the Standard Model is not the complete picture. The clue is that dark matter (DM) and dark energy (DE) are 95% of the universe. So we have a cGh model that describes only 5% of the universe we know.
Therefore, any photon model we come up with may not be a universal model unless it explains something more that GRT, QM and SM such as DM, DE and CPT.
A model that predicts something new may be of more value than that which just fits historical experimental data, although that would be a good start. Proposing an experiment to test that model and any prediction would prove invaluable.

Best
David