[General] Space time and interaction

Chip Akins chipakins at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 05:32:12 PDT 2015

Dear John W

Thank you for explaining so carefully.  I must apologize for using an
extreme and somewhat jovial example previously.

Please do not misunderstand.  I understand the math, and SR. I understand
what a single point in spacetime is envisioned to be. I also understand what
you have been suggesting.

For many years I believed that 4 space was principally valid.  However I do
not feel that is the case anymore.  This is the point I have been trying to
make.  There is a completely logical and rigorous relativity which is based
on observable principals which is, in my mind, much more plausible than 4
space, than Minkowski spacetime.

In that form of relativity, there is a fixed rest frame in space, light is
constrained in velocity, and time is the result of the velocity of light.
Light is not "relativistic" in this form of relativity. And no relativistic
transformations need be applied to light, in fact assuming that time slows
for light, in its frame, because of its velocity, is incorrect.

I may be wrong in my view, but to me, it seems that I was where you are,
regarding light, time, and space, and have now moved further, and understood
more. I can now clearly see a more rigorous basis and cause for relativity
than I could with any 4 space version of relativity.  I can also then see a
set of explanations for experimental observations, which do not involve the
requirement for the eventual absorber to be identified before emission.

So John, you see my trouble with this, is not because I do not get it, but
rather because I do, and for me it doesn't work.

I agree that . "The problem with all of us is that once we get an idea into
our heads it can be very hard to shake it off."

Perhaps one of us will have an epiphany, and we will come to see these
issues the same way, but meanwhile it is good to challenge each other and
discuss.

Chip