[General] Space time and interaction

Chip Akins chipakins at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 10:53:54 PDT 2015

Hi John W

Hope your workload allows you to also get this fun and important stuff done.

My workload has been daunting as well.

When we study the motion (displacement) of space, as energy propagates
through space, of course we MUST use time as a component of that set of
actions.

So I fully agree, that time is a required fourth component for proper
calculations of any sort which involves motion. Including the evolution of
the fields created in these processes.  Dynamics simply includes time,
always.

My suggestion however, is that we do not have to assume that a specific
approach to relativity is absolutely right, simply because the math seems to
work for the circumstances we have explored. We probably have enough
information to understand exactly why relativity is precisely the way it is.
And if we do understand why, then we are more likely to get our mathematical
models right.

It is in fact surprising how similar these versions of relativity are,
specifically regarding the mathematics which naturally develop as a
consequence of matter being made of the same stuff as light.  But in the
very few areas where these two versions of relativity are different, we may
see some eye-opening consequences of using one versus the other.

But in short, the mathematics is supposed to model the physics.  The physics
we have been exploring is that matter is made of the same stuff as light.
The assumption that matter is made from the same stuff as light, is
supported in many ways in our observable universe. So this is probably the
correct approach to the makeup of matter.  That approach, in itself,
provides for a detailed and precise definition for the cause of relativity.
An unavoidable consequence.  So it is also likely the correct version of
relativity.

While I agree that the full representation of the field equations, can be
treated in a way that produces several 4-spaces mathematically, this is
still just a mathematical representation of what is really going on. These
do not have to be viewed as individual, real, 4-spaces.  But rather should
probably be viewed as all being an individual aspect of the same space. In
other words they are representations of potentials, strains, stresses, and
the resultant "fields" we sense.  The cause for which are the displacement,
and the properties of space.

When we view the universe from the frame of a particle, we see things
differently, than we would if we viewed things from another perspective.
This is an artifact of relativity. But what if there is a reference frame in
space, and we could, in our mind's eye, view all these dynamics from that
frame.  This simplifies the single particle analysis a bit.  It also
provides us with a clear basis for working out multiple inertial frames, and
seeing how frame to frame relativity all works out. Such an approach seems
to remove inconsistencies, paradox, and ambiguity from our thinking and
analysis.

One real benefit that this approach provides is a form of "absolute
relativity" for the dynamics of energy propagating through space.  This is a
natural consequence of the form of relativity I have been suggesting.  When
we do a discrete time analysis of these "waves" propagating through space,
we can see that everywhere, space imposes specific kinds of limits on the
displacement, and therefore propagation, due to the identifiable properties
of space.

While we are taking different paths, we may wind up with strikingly similar
results, probably because we are following the evidence, and it will
eventually lead us to only one place.

Warmest Regards

Chip