[General] Reply of comments from what a model…

Richard Gauthier richgauthier at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 14:50:21 PST 2015

John, Albrecht and all,
   I just did a simple calculation of how much central force F= dp/dt = w p would be required to keep a circulating photon of momentum mc (as in some of our resting electron models) moving at the zitterbewegung angular frequency w=2mc^2/hbar . It comes out  F= 2 m^2 c^3 / hbar = 0.425 N which is quite substantial.   Then using Coulomb’s law I calculated the strength of the effective charge +Q that would be required at the center of this circular trajectory to produce the electric attractive force that would keep an electrically charged photon of charge -e  circling in the orbit of radius Ro=hbar/2mc (as in some of our electron models)  and it comes out Q = + 1/(2alpha)  e   or Q = +68.5 e . I’m not sure what to make of these results (since there is obviously no actual positive charge at the center of the circular trajectory), but they are intriguing.
      Richard