[General] double-loop electron model discussion

Chip Akins chipakins at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 06:47:22 PST 2015

Hi Richard and ALL

You asked for a comparison of electron models.

Since 1986, while having lunch with a mathematician, Eric Peterson, I have felt that the electron was made up of EM waves, or a photon.

Several of us have come to the same conclusion.

When I saw your model from 2005 many things started to make sense.  That is why I was so excited and interested to fully pursue the math to try to deeply understand your TEQ model. It was quite informative and inspiring to see your work.

Since that time, principally due to an Occam's razor argument, I have returned to the view that TEQ's are not required to model the electron.  While I still feel that it may be possible that TEQ's exist, I do not find, in my view, that it is required for the modeling of the photon and electron.

When I later saw John W and Martin's work from 1997 I was again very interested, principally because they were saying the same thing I was thinking, in general.

While running the math and testing the model from John W and Martin, it occurred to me that we had to have some sort of photon model to build the electron from. So I produced the simplest model I could imagine which would fulfill what I felt then was the basic criteria.  My view of the basic criteria has since changed due to this collaboration, so I am working now to update my electron model.  However it seems most of the electron model remains intact.

The fundamental differences between my model and John W. and Martin's model are as follows:

	I found that wave interference may be precisely the cause for the exact value of the 	magnetic moment anomaly, and the cause for the exact value for the elementary 	charge.

	That wave interference, incidentally, produces a new view of the fine structure 	constant in the electron.

My motivation, in part, to do this work, was because we have to provide an electron model which is simple in comparison, and competes with current theory and models in accuracy, before such a model will be considered a viable alternative.

My model currently falls short of some of the goals that I feel we will need, in order for our work to be considered noteworthy and to be eventually accepted.

My model also demonstrates the cause for inertial mass, but I think John W. and Martin's model may illustrate the same property. And in fact, all confined photon models may show the same attribute of inertial mass.

There are implications of the work we are doing which we also need to discuss.  If Matter is made from light, when you think about its implications on relativity, leads to the existence of a preferred reference rest frame in space, leading us toward Chandra's view and CTF.

Working with all of you is both enlightening and inspiring.

Chip