[General] Physics in 100 years according to Wilczek

Richard Gauthier richgauthier at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 17:37:37 PDT 2015

Chip,
   I like your description of the stuff or energy quantum of an electron or photon as having a center of action (particularly since “action” in physics has the dimensions of energy x time and also of angular momentum mvr which is the dimensions of Planck’s constant h). But I think the energy quantum GENERATES the quantum waves associated with the energy quantum, rather than IS these waves. Yet these waves from a single electron (charged photon) or uncharged photon have a kind of unity since these waves all evolved from a single energy quantum (the electron or the photon) and can manifest that energy quantum (electron or photon) again. For a single free electron or photon, these waves may go through two slits before interfering at a screen on the other side of the slits and predicting probabilistically where the electron or photon will be found on the other side.
     Richard