[General] The New Aether

M.A. ambroselli at phys.uconn.edu
Mon Jul 27 15:26:30 PDT 2015

Hi Chip,

Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_paradox)
has several tedious explanations / interpretations.

My feeling is that the apparent paradox results from
the problematic Lorentz force law (F_i = eE_i + e(v x B)_i) .
It is problematic, because the Lorentz force only
gives "m*a" and not the force "dp/dt". It already
gives unexpected results for two charged particles in
relative motion (F_12 != F_21, i.e. a violation of Newton III).

I suspect working through the problem using the "real"
force (F_i = dp_i/dt = e v_j dA_j/dx_i) would not result
in any paradox.

Cheers,
Michael