[General] Complex Tension Filed (CTF)

Roychoudhuri, Chandra chandra.roychoudhuri at uconn.edu
Fri Jul 31 16:55:31 PDT 2015

John M.: I am sorry that I could not respond to your questions earlier, being busy with too many other responsibilities.

1.      Spacetime vs. space only: We both subscribe to the position that space as “something substantial” is the final frontier of physics. But, I am not in tune with your “spacetime”. In my viewpoint, incorporating “running time -t” as a physical dimension of the universe is heading in the wrong direction to understand nature. Our anchor-able knowledge derives from human interpretations of experimentally measurable parameters. Running time is not a directly measurable parameter of anything in this universe. So, we should not assign time as a modifiable and inherent parameter of nature. Frequency is a measurable parameter. By being fooled by impressively sophisticated theories, many people are devoting serious efforts to travel in time! What physical parameter will an engineer manipulate to travel in time? In contrast, our engineers have invented a variety of methods to impart velocity to material carriers to travel in space.

2.      Complex Tension Field (CTF): CTF is not a theoretical concept of mine. Almost every single successful theories, including Newton’s gravity, imply space is not empty. So, I have renamed ether with a more physically descriptive name CTF, taking cue from epsilon and mu, which  determining the velocity of light, whether in space with one H2 per cc, or 10<23> molecules per cc in some solids. Further, our wave equation clearly tells that it is the tension field held by the medium whose linear excitation generates the propagating wave. The agent that perturbs the tension field is not creating the wave velocity.  So, ether as CTF is the correct explanation. In a paper to be presented at San Diego, I will explicitly discuss that stationary CTF is the inertial reference frame for the entire universe. Results of Michelson-Morley and related experiments can be clearly understood with this model.

CTF holds the 100% energy of the universe. No Dark Energy or Dark Matter is needed. Everything is its oscillations. Attractions-repulsions are secondary and tertiary potential gradients of different “signs” of the CTF generated by virtue of localized self-looped oscillations and their assemblies.

3.      Particles as “doughnuts” of CTF: I have also succeed in removing the wave-particle duality by suggesting particle as localized self-lopped oscillation of the same CTF. I have also replaced de Broglie waves by a separate frequency of oscillation of particles as they gain kinetic energy. The “rest energy” of a particle is that nonlinear perturbation energy, which succeeds in generating a self-looped resonant oscillation. So, there is really no rest mass or relativistic greater mass; yes there is a gain in kinetic energy (over and above the intrinsic rest energy) when one of these “doughnut” gains velocity. There is only inertia of motion of  the “doughnuts”! I do not need Higg’s Boson to provide masses to any stable particles; because they do not have masses.

4.      Quantum superposition effect (remove wave-particle duality): In my position paper (attached again), I proposed a clear two slit experiment with Rb-atoms to remove the “only mystery of quantum mechanics” as a real physical superposition of multiple particles stimulating a detector molecule simultaneously.

My key point is that I understand that nobody can construct a “final theory”; and my proposals are quite modest. However, I take slow forward steps while staying anchored to modeling nature by conjecturing the interaction processes, not just mathematical model alone.

I hope this helps to differentiate between my space model as CTF and your model as Spacetime. There is no running time as a physical parameter.

Sincerely,
Chandra.