[General] Nature of Light and Particles - General Discussion

David Mathes davidmathes8 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 16 17:39:35 PDT 2015

Vivian
Many of the electron models involve two photon loops. The rotating photon model you propose is certainly sobering, well reasoned and thought out relying mostly on nature and experiment.
I use to think that physicists understood only 5% of the universe. After reading your website, I am encouraged to see that can be reduced to approaching zero. This view certainly provide lots of room for improvement on many parts.
What is a photon is the conference question. "What is a photon" didn't strike me as good english or even american-speak. Like many others, I have been wondering what is inside the electron and conjecturing it's some sort of photon with a strong bias towards nature and experiment as the final referee.
Like a little child, civilization has graduated from understanding the four elements to the Periodic Table to the 61 or so Elementary Particles. For me, I graduated from taking apart clocks to seeing what made them tick, and cakes to understand not just the end result but the framework of layers and toppings, the transformation from field to fork according to a recipe, and molecules.
What I really wanted to know was what's inside the molecules, then the modern atoms, where Feynman noted, there is room at the bottom. Nanotechnology is where the herds are discovering all sorts of wonderful materials and properties.
And here is this group focused on what is inside elementary particles, in particular, the electron. The electron is a key enigma and considered the unit of basic charge, that is until quarks came along or rather were invented to balance the equations since nature for some reason (TBD) does not permit us to view quarks with our current technology. In our quest to decode nature's puzzles and enigmas, We think topology and geometry play a role.

So that brings me to two questions.
1. What is the process of symmetrization for the electron?
This leads to understand photons...
2. What is inside the photon?
I realizing everyone likes a photon cause it's mainstream, and the conference is about photons et al. However, the real struggle is the internals of the photon, no matter how improbable the models may seem, they suggest that the photon we know may actually be a quanta, spacetime or something else. One way out is to use multiple dimensions. Another way out is to renormalize. Another is to simply declare the photon is the bottom.
I would hope the photon can be taken apart and like the clock, found to have some fascinating set of gears and mechanisms, and perhaps an occasionally chime or nasty ringing noise. Perhaps addressing the other massless boson might provide clues to the nature of what is inside the photon. To wit, what is inside the gluon(s)?
So this leads me to the next question
3. What makes the photon tick?
As we stretch and strain photons looping them a few times to obtain an oscillating and resonant model, we simple do not know what is inside the photon.
 4. Is there more "room at the bottom" below elementary particles?

Ah, the quanta level of massless particles comprised of fields and more closely interacting with vacuum and spacetime.
Where is the bottom?

Best
David