[General] The Audience

David Mathes davidmathes8 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 22 23:01:11 PDT 2015

John
Before I go on my daily rant, I  suggest we consider who the audience is and what their expectation is of listening to six folks talking about photons and electrons. I'm guessing that the attendees are design/builders, not theorists. So the big question will be how useful these theories are at explaining what currently exists, and what improvements to existing products and what new products can be expected from these new and improved theories?

Where I sit, I have telescopes, microscopes and lasers as the primary applications. So my expectation is to communicate using their language. Another group is the nuclear folks who are interested in fission and fusion including LENR and laser-ignition. The laser wakefield plasma folks will affect power and propulsion systems in the future. Do any of these theories accelerate that work or at least be of some practical use?
While I'm willing to discuss matter-antimatter, I'm a bit hesitant to discuss methods of compacting current reactors. Don't feed the terrorists.
Extreme gamma rays are a special anomaly. to be explained. The scientists don't even know what they are looking at...
One possible application is the conversion process of transporting matter. Electrons are converted to energy and information channels that are photonic based and back again. One group of folks will argue for wormholes; another will want to "Beam me up, Scotty". Can we address the beaming of any object from earth to space. And space to earth. Consider a beaming station where spaceships or stations in low earth orbit complete one revolution per hour. If a line of sight transport were available at various ground terminals and on the spaceship, one could travel anywhere in the world within one hour or less.
I would prefer to discuss photonic propulsion in terms of the difference between photon-electron rather than just photon-photon. However, conditioned photons across the entire EM spectrum may prove invaluable to the audience. EM conditioning and phat photons may be of value.
Finally, improving instrumentation and sensors would be useful. The conjecture or rather the  hunch that I have is that a quanta level unit may be useful in constructing the photon, and the electron.
So we need femto physics extending electronics, accelerating photonics, and enabling quantronics.
Any prediction could be assessed as to likely or not likely in some time period, perhaps improbable. Impossible may be only a temporary setback due to lack of knowledge and understanding.
Any prognostication on the future should be accompanied by when a product is expected. Is it a near, mid or far term possibility. Near term is up to two years, mid term is 2 to 10 years, and far term is 10 years and beyond. Are there multiple requirements for a systems solution?
David