[General] Axes plots

John Williamson John.Williamson at glasgow.ac.uk
Wed Jun 24 21:02:23 PDT 2015

Dear Richard and everyone,

Yes, that is better. The internal momentum of the field, however, does not account for everything either. The electron rest mass is, and always was, a sum of several components. Mass from field and mass from "poincare stresses" amongst them.

But there anyway remains a problem. This has been discussed, famously in the Feynmann lectures in physics in the context of field momementum and field energy - where he looks at the relationship between field momentum and field rest-mass-energy and finds a discrepancy. This has been called the 3/4 problem or the 4/3 problem ... where e(EM) = 3/4 m c^2.

You can start here .. but theref to Feynmann is better ..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_mass

This needs fixing too.

Regards, John.