[General] Challenge

John Macken john at macken.com
Tue Jun 30 10:04:08 PDT 2015

Hello All,

Various graphic representations of electrons have been presented by members
of the group.  They have looked like knots, spirals, loops and even
medieval torture devices. However, not once has there been any description
of the medium or the distortion that is being pictured.  This is the
equivalent of drawing a three dimensional graph except failing to designate
what exactly is being graphed.

When I show pictures of my electron model, I can tell you exactly what is
being graphed.  I have a spacetime field with impedance and a wave
structure.  My electron model produces quantifiable distortions of this
spacetime field.  They have specific wave properties with known strain
amplitude, known frequency and known size. While I cannot predict the
energy of an electron from first principles, I can calculate the energy of
the model being pictured and show that it corresponds to the electron’s
energy.  I do not hide behind the equation E = ħω and say that no further
calculation is required.  I can derive E = ħω from my proposed structure
of the spacetime field.

Therefore, my challenge to the group is to identify what is being shown in
the pictures. Are these waves?  If so, give the details of the medium
carrying the waves. String theory has served as a bad example because they
draw pictures of vibrating strings while claiming that the strings are a
basic building block that is not made of anything more fundamental.  If a
photon or an electric field is your basic building block, are you claiming
that it is also unknowable?

For those that doubt the existence of the energetic spacetime field, I
challenge you to identify the components being pictured in your electron
models.

John M.