[General] Velocity of the Coulomb Field

Mark, Martin van der martin.van.der.mark at philips.com
Sat Mar 14 14:30:54 PDT 2015

Hi all,
in addition to what I said before about the weak and strong force and topology, I should put it into a little more context.
In QED, the electromagnetic force is carried by photons which are exchanged. In Maxwell theory there are the EM-fields.
Likewise, the weak force is about W and Z boson exchange on the one hand and linked field lines (note that that implies a non-trivial topology) on the other hand.
Then for the strong force it is all about gluons on the one hand and knotted energy flow on the other.

This is just to make clear that I understand there is quite some further development required to get to a full and harmonious understanding of all of these aspects.

Cheers, Martin

Dr. Martin B. van der Mark
Principal Scientist, Minimally Invasive Healthcare

Philips Research Europe - Eindhoven
High Tech Campus, Building 34 (WB2.025)
Prof. Holstlaan 4
5656 AE  Eindhoven, The Netherlands