[General] Electron Torus

Richard Gauthier richgauthier at gmail.com
Sun May 24 07:26:36 PDT 2015

Chip,
   Thanks. And I wanted to mention that the speed of the green dot (the photon speed) along its green helical trajectory always represents the speed of light. The faster the electron travels (after v=.707c), the smaller is the pitch as well as the amplitude of this green helical trajectory. As v of the electron approaches c, the pitch of this green helical trajectory (in the double-looped photon model of the electron) approaches 1/2  the de Broglie wavelength (although the electron model generates the de Broglie wavelength at all electron velocities.)

   Also note that the little inner loop of the TEQ (red curve) in the first of the two figures gets relatively bigger compared to the outer loop as the speed of the electron increases. It looks like the inner and outer loops will nearly coincide with an extremely relativistic electron, since the radius of the green helix (photon’s helical trajectory) falls off as 1/gamma^2 while the radius of the TEQ photon along this helical trajectory falls off as 1/gamma. At that extremely relativistic speed the spin of the helically circulating TEQ photon in the forward (longitudinal) direction will be 1/2 hbar, which is the spin of the highly relativistic electron. A helically moving spin 1 hbar photon could not accomplish this at highly relativistic velocities.

Richard