[General] Relativistic space, time and field

Adam K afokay at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 17:54:02 PST 2015

Al,

I agree that the EM field is a kind of epiphenomenon. It sounds like that
is what Chip was saying too, and John D came out and said that explicitly.
You say those aren't your arguments, they are those of others',but I have
never really seen anyone argue that the EM field is not "real". Are there
any sources for this? I don't just mean transforming coordinates to make
them disappear etc., but the stronger claim that the field is the symptom
of something deeper. I would be curious to know.

Adam