[General] What a model of photons must do

John Williamson John.Williamson at glasgow.ac.uk
Sat Nov 7 01:55:32 PST 2015

Hello again,

Sorry, forgot about the electron, muon and tauon

Electron stability is more complicated because of the charge which is an inter-action (so external stuff must be taken into account) - but the internal motion is also force free.

The inter-action force is a confinement force, however, which Martin first calculated a couple of decades ago. It is about the right size (if I remember correctly), given the size of the universe and the number of particles therein, to account for (roughly) the kind of curvature (mass) one sees in the physical electron. If one was sure of the mechanism (there is an issue with ac v dc and the pre-existence of interactions at very large times(and hence distances) one could invert this to extract the number of charges in the (effective) universe.

My daft model for the muon and tauon masses (right to a few percent though it is) also gives confinement for these in the same way - but makes them more massive in the correct ratio.

Regards, John.