[General] Reply of comments from what a model.

John Williamson John.Williamson at glasgow.ac.uk
Mon Nov 9 19:40:40 PST 2015

Dear Chip,

Of course. Answers in blue.
________________________________
From: General [general-bounces+john.williamson=glasgow.ac.uk at lists.natureoflightandparticles.org] on behalf of Chip Akins [chipakins at gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, November 09, 2015 11:32 AM
To: 'Nature of Light and Particles - General Discussion'
Subject: Re: [General] Reply of comments from what a model.
Hi John W

A few questions.

If a field theory is complete and correct (beyond EM) then wouldn’t it predict…
1.      The exact value for the elementary charge, (not 91% of the elementary charge)

This is the semi-classical calculation from the (now more than 20 year old) model. The fact that  a semi-classical calculation is so close - and assuming (as it does that) the electromagnetic field is all concentrated at precisely the eye of the torus (which it most certainly is not) - is amazing. As I say in the latest paper this is the MINIMUM charge. As one moves from a line distribution ( still a singularity – though not as bad as a point singularity) to something more extended it increases (quite slowly) through the charge observed. Fine .. one could presume it expanded as a Gaussin about the eye and use this to FIX the size but, as Martin said in an earlier thread – so what? IT cannot be a Gaussian as there is simple more room outside the eye than inside .... To get this properly right one needs to calculate what that distribution should be -that requres a solution of the full set of coupled linear differential equations - numerical modelling as in the Maxwell equations - but harder. Numereical modelling of the self-confined field equatuions Field equations which make their own box – which one also has to calculate self-consistently. This is not easy and one cannot look it up in a book- yet! Remember there was over a decade, with all the worlds best scientists on the problem, from the Bohr model to solutions of the hydrogen atom in quantum mechanics. To get the simplest corrections took the whole of them another decade or so. Some of the greatest minds alive are still trying to puzzle through some of this a century later.

2.      And the exact magnetic moment of the electron, (without anomaly)

You are missing the point here: the value from Dirac for the gyromagnetic ratio is 2. That is 2.0000000 ….  What is observed , experimentally, is a tiny difference on top of this (of the order of one part in a thousand).  That is the "anomalous magnetic moment".  It is not anomalous because it is wrong. It is anomolous because it is right! Experimentally.  Theory needs to predict this. Martin and my semi-classical model gives BOTH the base factor of 2 AND the correction. In other words it fits the experimental value to within one part in a thousand, which the Dirac model (for example) simply does not.

3.      And exactly why the electron is so stable, (what causes this specific resonance)

That is easy. It is the lightest re-circulating particle. There is nothing for it to decay to and conserve the flow.  It is a vortex in momentum space. Vorticity - in every space and medium - is conserved.  It is the (momentum space) vorticity that leads to both the (quantum) spin and the charge. Put in the more conventional way: it has half-integral spin and charge. Charge and spin are absolutely conserved. To decay to something it would need to go to a lighter spin half charged particle. There isn't one.

4.      Likewise why the proton is so stable,

Likewise: no lighter particle with an internal SU(3) flow. Simple.

5.      And following on that, predict the exact masses and instabilities (decay rates) of Muon and Tau?

Again" it does. QED gets these exactly right and the new theory derives the starting point for QED. Q.E.D.
I have used QED (in the past) to calculate not merely the rates, but also the radiative corrections on the muon for its running coupling to other events (the muon and electron charges are not precisely fixed but become effectively slightly larger at high relative speeds). It works. Precisely. To as many decimal places as can be measured in any experiment – so far as is known at present.

6.      Not to mention specifically show the exact cause for the fine structure constant?

Again you misunderstand. The fine structure constant IS the charge: just expressed in dimensionless units. Calculate the charge and you calculate the fine structure constant.

Do your field equations do all this? Accurately?

YES!

I am not trying to diminish your work in any way. In my opinion your work is quite amazing and getting very close.

I think (in my personal and unimportant opinion) that you are close but still have a little bit wrong. And of course I could be the one who is wrong.  But either way, I still think the above items and more are expected from a new field equation theory if it is really correct in illustrating nature.

Dear Chip. Thank you. I have always been at least a little bit wrong, and always will be. Let us say we are both a little bit wrong huh? I am sure that there remain things that are "wrong" with the new theory as well - just not the things you are currently worried about. In particular I think that the underlying maths should be left and not right handed. I fear the only way to find out is to do a couple of hundred years man years of work. A couple of hundred years, that is, where the "men" are the calibre of Einstein and Dirac (and Schroedinger and de Broglie and so on ...)  all those guys who started to piece together the solutions to (the far simpler) quantum mechanics in the (decades of the) early years.
Even on simple old QM everyone is still arguing (mostly ignorantly) about "what it means" a hundred years later! Just look at the recent threads! All of those arguments I have seen a hundred times before, reflected in many published papers. If you want to scare yourself on the subject of the major discussion on this forum recently just look at the wider literature ( Richard Gill is a good starting point on non-locality for a critique of nearly everyone else – but his base understanding is no better – was at Utrecht, now at Leiden). Everyone in this field cites poor old dead Bell (justifying this or that contradictory position as coming as works from the oracle-master), but he was a mystified as the rest too. Just try reading it in the original! I agree with Al here – most of the discussion is just uninformed. I do not think any of it really matters anyway – experiment does what it does and we will only get through it when we REALLY understand QM – at which point the whole field becomes redundant anyway. My impression is that most workers in the field do not even get ordinary QM properly.

If the answers to the questions above are all “yes” then I have missed quite a bit while reading your work, and need to study it with great vigor.

Chip, it does not just need "studying". I have not calculated all the answers. It is not so that one refines and refines, writes and re-writes possible routes to the truth of the basis equations and then Eureka – once one has them (I hope!), all the solutions fall out like hitting the jackpot. It is easy to write down things hard to solve using Newton’s laws (the three-body problem!). At the moment there are still only me and Martin working on this - and we have to squeeze this in around day jobs that take most of our time (and more and more of, in my case). I am no mathematician - I have little or no skill in even analytic methods, let alone in finite element methods (the kind of thing needed to find particular SOLUTIONS of the new equations - with the distributions – needed to calculate such things as the charge exactly). This is hard and I am getting old. It has taken decades of my life just to get to this point. I need help!

It also derives the de Broglie relation (in all frames Albrecht, and others by the way – though I have no time or energy left to deal with your detailed  remarks as these are essentially problems with other theories and I am getting tired with and mired in explaining simple things – Viv has given some of the proper references – read these if you like), contains both ordinary QM and (free space) and Maxwell. It has the same structure as the Dirac equation, but fixes the problems with it to do with the mass and the (too simple) introduction of a merely U(1) electromagnetic field. It derives, and underpins the basis of QED. Given this, I must say I am surprised (and a bit disappointed) there has been little or no discussion about this, but just some chat about long-standing problems rooted in simple relativity and quantum mechanics.

With great respect and warmest regards

Chip

Regards to you too,

John.