[General] nature of light particles & theories

John Duffield johnduffield at btconnect.com
Thu Oct 15 12:05:07 PDT 2015

Albrecht:

I agree with your sentiment. We have to understand the physics. Maths is a vital too for physics, but the maths is not enough. Yes, we have to find the cause for relativistic dilation, but I think it’s quite obvious when you think of the parallel-mirror zigzags, which are like side-on helixes. The electron has a spherical symmetry, but simplify it to a ring like this:

When it moves fast it is “smeared out” into a cylinder. Everything else looks shortened in comparison. I know people say this demands an absolute frame and that isn’t in the spirit of relativity, but I don’t care. Because the CMB is a de-facto reference frame of the universe, and the universe is as absolute as it gets.

The Mobius strip is no understand of why  something on that path stays on the path. But  <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Displacement_current#History_and_interpretation> displacement current is. Light is alternating displacement current. And this displacement current is a real displacement. Hence “light consists of transverse undulations in the same medium that is the cause of electric and magnetic phenomena”. Space waves. It’s that simple. When a small ocean wave rides up and over a big one, its path is displaced. When it is displaced so much that it rides over itself, its path is similarly displaced. Into a closed path.

All:

I wonder if I might take the liberty of copying in Qiu-Hong Hu, author of “The Nature of the Electron”, see  http://arxiv.org/abs/physics/0512265

Regards

John D