[General] research papers

Adam K afokay at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 18:20:49 PDT 2015

Martin,

So the story of Einstein vs Bohr at Solvay is exceedingly interesting, as
is de Broglie's attempt there to interpret quantum physics in a non-crazy
way.

This book
http://www.amazon.com/Quantum-Theory-Crossroads-Reconsidering-Conference/dp/1107698316
is pretty interesting on the subject.

It is specifically cast as a revisitation of de Broglie's pilot wave
hypothesis, and why it gained no traction at the time. Pauli is made into
something of a villain.

This review http://arxiv.org/pdf/1409.5956.pdf is not particularly
sympathetic to the authors' thesis, but is an interesting quick read and
contains some great quotes by de Broglie.

I am not sure what you mean about people thinking QM cannot be reconciled
with special relativity. Are you talking about entanglement and spooky
action at a distance? (EPR).

Adam