[General] research papers

Dr. Albrecht Giese genmail at a-giese.de
Thu Oct 22 10:18:59 PDT 2015

Hello Richard,

thank you and see my comments below.

Am 22.10.2015 um 00:32 schrieb Richard Gauthier:
> Hello Albert (and all),
>
>  I think your fundamental objection that you mentioned earlier can be
> answered below.
>
>  The left side of the big triangle in Figure 2 in my article is a
> purely mathematical unfolding of the path of the helical trajectory,
> to hopefully show more clearly the generation of de Broglie
> wavelengths from plane waves emitted by the actual charged photon
> moving along the helical trajectory. Nothing is actually moving off
> into space along this line.
>
>  Consider an electron moving with velocity v horizontally along the
> helical axis. Since in Figure 2 in my article, cos (theta) = v/c , the
> corresponding velocity of the charged photon along the helical path is
> v/ cos(theta) = c , the speed of the charged photon, which we knew
> already because the helical trajectory was defined so that this is the
> case. In a short time T, the electron has moved a distance Delectron =
> vT horizontally and the photon has moved a distance Dphoton =
> Delectron/cos(theta) =vT/cos(theta) = cT along its helical trajectory.
I agree.
> A plane wave front emitted from the photon at the distance Dphoton =
> cT along the photon’s helical path will intersect the base of the big
> triangle (the helical axis) at the distance along the base given by
> Dwavefront = Dphoton / cos(theta) = cT/ (v/c) = T *  (c^2)/v  which
> means the intersection point of the plane wave with the helical axis
> is moving with a speed c^2/v which is the de Broglie wave’s phase
> velocity.
Here I disagree. If we assume the wave front as an extended layer
through the photon and with an orientation perpendicular to the actual
direction of the photon, then the intersect point of this layer with the
axis has the same z coordinate as the z-component of the photon's
position. This is essential. (I have built myself a little 3-d model to
see this.)

When now, say at time T_0 , a phase maximum of the wave front leaves the
photon, then the same phase maximum passes the intersect point on the
axis with the same z coordinate. After a while (i.e. after the time T_p
=1/frequency) the next phase maximum will exit from the photon and
simultaneously the next phase maximum will cross the axis. The new
z-value (of the photon and of the intersect point) is now displaced from
the old one by the amount delta_z = v * T_p . During this time the
photon will have moved by c * T_p on its helical path.

Now the spacial distance between these two phase maxima, which is the
wavelength, is: lambda_photon = c * T_p , and lambda_electron = v * T_p .

This is my result. Or what (which detail) is wrong?

best wishes
Albrecht

---