[General] [SPAM?] Re: research papers

Richard Gauthier richgauthier at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 05:21:39 PDT 2015

Hi Al and all,
   More on the Delft Bell-test experiment. The article was published in Nature on 21 October. It was just summarized at http://www.opli.net/opli_magazine/eo/2015/loophole-free-bell-test-tu-delft-crowns-80-years-old-debate-on-nature-of-reality-einsteins-spooky-action-is-real-oct-news/ <http://www.opli.net/opli_magazine/eo/2015/loophole-free-bell-test-tu-delft-crowns-80-years-old-debate-on-nature-of-reality-einsteins-spooky-action-is-real-oct-news/> . A quote "PhD-student Bas Hensen, lead-author of the study. “We also close the detection loophole, because in this experiment we measure all our entangled pairs. This is the first time all loopholes are closed at the same time in a single experiment, and we still find that the invisible bond between the electrons is there: the first loophole-free Bell test”.
    Are minds clanging shut and is this idea (predicted by QM) becoming a dogma so that other possible explanations are still being ignored? Or is the experiment (and the Bell inequalities derivation) really airtight?
        Richard