[General] Verification of Light Interactions

Wolfgang Baer wolf at nascentinc.com
Wed Sep 9 10:41:21 PDT 2015

I agree that computers mimik intelligence , thought and mind.
I think Searly's Chinese Room analogy makes the point.
One can respond rationally on a blind rule based instruction sheet
withoout ever knowing or imagining
             that is having the experiences we normally associate with
conscious beings

Of course since I am a pan-psychist and am developing a pan-psychic
physics that includes the conscious observer as a foundational principle
I also believe those switches and systems of switches have a
primitive-consciousness built into their material.
So there is a natural will and desire built into them.
We capture, and control that natural desire and behavior  to make the
switches do our tedious symbolic manipulation.
What this means is that a large enough computer may develop a
consciousness much like a cockroach probably has feelings
but that would be its own way of feeling not ours.
The idea that a computer who is mimicking human response patterns
actually will have human feelings
like many sci-fy movies portray is pure fiction.

Wolf

Dr. Wolfgang Baer
Research Director
Nascent Systems Inc.