[General] inertia

Andrew Meulenberg mules333 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 18:45:59 PDT 2016

Dear Richard,

I never liked your concept of a charged photon until I realized that, in
the transition stage between photon and lepton pair, the rectified photons
were still photons, and charged by definition. Modern QM now seems to be
accepting the fact that changes in 'invariants' are allowed during the
transitions in 'close encounters'. It is interesting that this Fock
Stueckelberg development is being used to support cold fusion work (and it
supports my model of CF).

*Variable mass theories in relativistic quantum mechanics as an explanation
for anomalous low energy nuclear phenomena*
Mark Davidson,   Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 2015, Volume 615,
Page 012016   DOI: 10.1088/1742-6596/615/1/012016
<http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/1742-6596/615/1/012016>

*Theories of Variable Mass Particles and Low Energy Nuclear Phenomena*
Mark Davidson     Foundations of Physics
<http://link.springer.com/journal/10701>February 2014, Volume 44, Issue 2,
<http://link.springer.com/journal/10701/44/2/page/1> pp 144-174  First
online: 23 February 2014 <mdavid at spectelresearch.com>

I was worried that you were proposing charged photons as a stable
configuration. If you consider them to be transients, then we are in full
agreement.

I didn't think that there was any question about the existence and
mathematics of the mass and momentum of the electron. I was trying to
picture what was actually happening to create these characteristics. My
picture of the spherically bound photon gives a logical basis for the
relativistic physical mechanism(s) involved. This thinking has broadened my
concepts and made me less certain of some of my assumptions.

I have considered for many years that mass was a distortion of space into
time. That made me comfortable with the wormhole concept of the lepton
pair. Prior to the wormhole concept, the total-internally-reflected photon
gave me a very high field-energy density to create the (resonant?) stable
distortion of space (mass and a refractive index gradient). However, static
fields are a result of potentials not a cause. This did not resolve the
repulsive self-charge problem about electrons and caused me much worry
about my model. So the concept of an alternating field (photon), biased
(charged) to resonantly balance the net internal forces with the
confinement, was a welcome addition.

So I now have two different models that are NOT mutually exclusive. Both
distort space (into time) by an extreme field-energy density. The two
directions of time give the two unique charge types. One model has a
wormhole (not necessarily permanent, but a possible source of
entanglement), the other does not. Both models provide a basis for stable
mass; however, it is the concept of relativistically distorting a
spherically-bound photon that provides an understanding for inertia as the
basis for defining mass.

If I did not have 6 papers to author and coauthor before October, I would
consider writing up this model. Thank you for pushing me.

Andrew

BTW:  the charged nucleus is not just to absorb the photon' s linear
momentum. Its *E*-field is critical to the rectification process.

_ _ _ _