[General] double photon cycle, subjective v objective realities

Chip Akins chipakins at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 06:40:38 PDT 2016

Hi Grahame and Richard

So what I am working to sort out is the correct view of the momentum
vectors within the electron.  Of course SR postulates that nothing within
the electron can be moving faster than c.

I am working to determine if that is precisely correct.

Here is a quote from Wikipedia regarding the spin of the photon “The
magnitude of the photon’s spin is  and the component measured along its
direction of motion… must be ±ħ.” This suggests that the wavefront in
the photon is internal to the photon moving at.

So if we visit again the equation for the momentum of a wave we can see
that perhaps p=E/c has been simplified so much that part of the information
is absent. We can see that the term should be p = (E/c^2)v, and perhaps
that v in the electron can be  as in the photon.

But this complicates the issue of fully understanding the spin of the
electron, and can cause us to begin to question exactly what it is we are
measuring when we measure the electron’s spin.

Chip