[General] double photon cycle, subjective v objective realities

Albrecht Giese genmail at a-giese.de
Fri Jul 8 12:06:54 PDT 2016

Grahame,

regarding the radius of the electron, I think that it is well defined.

Schrödinger evaluated "the size" of the electron in his famous paper of
1930 by QM means, and his result was "about 4 * 10^-13 m". From my model
there follows a more precise value which is R = 3.86 * 10^-13 m.
What about the spin? If the mass of a particle is m = h(bar)/(R*c)
(this follows from my model) then you can reorder it: m*R*c = h(bar).
This is the classical definition of the angular momentum. The result is
constant for a lepton and for a quark independent of the individual
particle, but it has a factor of 1/2 missing. The cause is that the mass
follows here from a special mechanism which is not reflected by the
classical understanding of a  mass which is distributed within the particle.

If interested please look at my site "Origin of Mass". (
www.ag-physics.org )

Best regards
Albrecht

Am 08.07.2016 um 11:45 schrieb John Williamson:

> Yep it is,indeed not so simple.
>
> Grahame, you say ...
>
> Angular momentum is given by linear tangential momentum multiplied by
> radius - so angular momentum of the electron is mcR.  Since mc is
> constant, R must also be constant if angular momentum is invariant
> (which I believe we agree it is)
>
> Hmm, I kind of do and do not agree. This kind of thing is (perhaps)
> part of the story, but anyway only a part. Such a thing is, indeed A
> component of angular momentum, but it is wholly inadequate to describe
> quantum spin. It is the only component for simple models where a
> something goes round and round in circles in ordinary space, even so
> it immediately begs the question "what is R?" and then the further
> question "what is m?" let alone the deeper questions - why that R and
> why that m? and what is it orbiting about and what is orbiting?
>
> Going to "what is R?. The R needs to be, in my view, at least
> “complex”. I recently read your 1973 article Alex. Very beautiful.
> 1973! Had we been aware of it at the time I’m sure Martin and I would
> have referenced it as a possible confinement scenario. There you
> recognize, correctly, the huge angular momentum density and use that
> as an input. I think the subsequent double covering problemsand the
> sign change similar to those encountered by other folk in trying to
> model stuff using the half-integer Legendre polynomials, are best
> treated by going more complex than complex, and using a proper
> non-commutative algebra. Tricky, I know, but nature, (especially 3D
> rotations) IS non-commutative.
>

> Coming back to angular momentum and the underlying nature of spin.
> This IS hard. No simple way round it. Properly, the momentum is itself
> contains a division of space by time (the velocity). It is properly a
> bi-vector. Further, the orbital angular momentum (what Grahame is
> talking about), contains a multiplication of this by a perpendicular
> vector (R ). That is, properly, a tri-vector (the dual of a
> vector).Remember, torque and energy have the same SI units (force
> times distance), but are quite different (energy is a scalar, torque
> is a bi-vector). Same kind of thing needed here in your thinking and
> visualisation (but worse). You can think of the bi-vector ness (of the
> trivector) either in your momentum or in your “radius” –either way
> hypercomplex. Also – to go further you need to go to differential
> forms – not just see this as just some mass m orbiting on some
> (massless) stick of fixed length R! Sorry Grahame, but this is what
> your model of angular momentum looks like to me. Orbiting around what?
> What is orbiting and what is it orbiting around?
>

> This all sounds pretty horrible, but it is not as bad as you think.
> The Maxwell equations already contain much of this complexity, and
> describe light well. One of the Maxwell equations IS the (partial at
> least) tri-vector equation for the electromagnetic fluid. Analysing
> [...]

---