[General] HA: Photon cycle rate in moving particle - faster or slower?? - answered.

Joakim Pettersson joakimbits at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 05:25:07 PDT 2016

Hi Alex, John W, Grahame, Richard and John D,

I am so happy for your writes on this thread, it is a simple question
that gets to the roots of all thought models!

Alex brings in some already explored math from the string community,
which have a lot of expertise in how to model a very compressed space.
Particularly the x+ia dimension trick and the powerful geometry
transformations it leads to. I have just skimmed the surface of Alex'es
bag model through various Wikipedia articles but would like to share
what I see as a possible postulate for this thread as it stands right
now - if we focus on a photon/electron moving *in the spin direction* we
have here three models that all merge to the same result at near
light-speed:

A. John D described near-rest motion in 3+1 space. The photon-geometry
in the spin direction is as a thought experiment compacted to zero
(rest) or to a helical spring (motion). Gravity tension according to GR
would be infinite on the circle/spring if the photon would be
point-like, but everyone on this forum would agree that it can't be, and
on second thought would refer to (Heisenberg/Schroedinger) uncertainy in
its position leading to a gaussian-distribution and therefore appearing
more like a round doughnut ring. That is a really good starting point,
if we want to join thoughts together.

B. Alex doesn't say explicitly because time has either 0 or 2 dimensions
in the superstring theory he relates to, but usually string theorists
think from "real" space and up so I guess that is how dimensions are
interpreted here. Gravity tension in the spin direction is in Alex bag
model compressed to infinity. The photon appears as an extremely flat
(to a factor 1e-22) doughnut ring. This merges well with thinking A when
the particle is moving at near light-speed in the spin direction.

C. John W and Martin van der Mark describe fields in 3+1 real and in 3+1
inverse (momentum) space. The only stationary solution they found so far
in vacuum will appear in 3+1 real space as either (1) a completely
planar photon, (2) a doughnut-like double-turn electron/positron, (3) a
broken dough-nut-like virtual 2/3-turn quark, (4) a wormnest-like
double-turn neutron, (5) a wormnest-with-a-belly-like proton, (6), any
higher order and smaller particle constructed from the above. This also
merges well with boh A and B thinking, both at the original near-rest
and Alex'es apparently near-light-speed motion.

In summary: C needs A to understand B which could simplify the maths for
C when doing the FEM simulations of QED. The meeting point right now
cold be at light speed in the spin direction. What does happen there in
A and C, does it turn at as B?

BR/Joakim