[General] Photon cycle rate in moving particle - faster or slower?? - not answered.

Chip Akins chipakins at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 06:49:20 PDT 2016

Dear Dr. Grahame Blackwell

Bravo! Well said.

Regarding the "double loop" of an electron.

You most likely already know this.

It is my understanding that this is assumed principally because of spin
angular momentum.  Stern-Gerlach experiments and modifications thereof have
presumably measured the spin angular momentum of electrons with fairly high
precision.

Then if the momentum of an EM wave is p=E/c, a double loop with radius
wavelength/4 pi would theoretically yield the correct spin angular momentum.

Of course this is based on many assumptions, but these assumptions seem
reasonable as a basis to start from.

Chip