[General] your email

Hodge John jchodge at frontier.com
Thu Mar 31 16:22:11 PDT 2016

Chandra:“wave…” agree with first 2paragraphs. “Particle is not a wave” yesbut remainder is confusing. A particle can be excited into a motion where theposition over time matches a harmonic oscillator solution to the wave equation,but is not a harmonic oscillation itself - the exciting field must becontinuous to transmit the wave. I add that part of the tension field isinertia. That is like a taught string, when the position of an element is atthe start (neutral) position - the particle has maximum kinetic energy - henceinertia. Without the inertial, the element would not continue to buildpotential energy to continue the oscillation.  “this is another…”: the waveequation and the solution is a math description of some process. The definitionof the terms depends on the physics. The wave equation is not the physics - itis a transformation into a calculation environment. The transformation worksonly so long as it predicts future values of the variables. However, if the Schrodinger wave equation works, a question ofwhether the $\psi$ may represent a wave in a continuous medium (ether, plenum)that acts like the “space” of general relativity. That is it influences matter(particles) and is influenced by particles. I think the wave-particle duality has been rejected byexperiment - The Afshar experiment and the partial illumination in the slitexperiment (“Diffractionexperiment and its STOE photon simulation program rejects wave models of light”http://intellectualarchive.com/?link=item&id=1603). “Do not try…”. Humankind andthe current standard models have way too many inconsistencies in the physics(not math) and way too many ad hoc assumptions. Time for a revolution of a newparadigm.  “PS.” If a photon (energy)leaves or enters something, Conservation of energy suggests the something isdiminished in energy. However, many models have such emissions and theresultant something unchanged. So, How is the energy recovered? What physicalprocess is happening to recover/absorb/transform the energy? If we don’t know,we have some new physics at work. The question of how emittedenergy cannot be exhausted remains. There must be a means to recover the energyor the process decays.  Hodge