[General] charged photons

John Williamson John.Williamson at glasgow.ac.uk
Wed Aug 2 03:03:56 PDT 2017

Hello Richard,

I think the mechanism for photon radiation from an electron is an overlap of a specific field configuration with an internal electron wave-function. The electron wave-function contains both mass-like and field-like components. If one overlaps this with a specific field configuration - equal and perpendicular (but static) electric and magnetic fields, the resultant cancels the mass like terms and the result is a copy of the original wave-function, but at lower energy, plus is a PROPAGATING pure field part of the resultant. the propagating part is quantised if the emitting charge is quantised (which it usually is).  The reverse process is also possible - propagating field converted to localised energy. That is the internal electron wave-function acts as a generator or absorber of photons. This process is described, though not very well, in my first SPIE paper. There is also a (much better explained) version nearly ready to submit. Will copy this to the group when I send it off.

Regards, John.