[General] Role of observer, a deeper path to introspection

Albrecht Giese phys at a-giese.de
Sat Aug 5 12:49:35 PDT 2017

Wolf,

so you did not receive my mail as of July 6? I shall resend it to you,
but presently I am not at home and do not have it at hand. I shall send
it middle of next week. But anyway if you look how a synchrotron works
you will easily see that it can only function if the speed of light is
correctly entered into the switching sequence of the accelerating
fields. So, this is a permanent test for the speed of light c and to the
behaviour close to c and as a consequence it is a test for the increase
of the mass of particles at high speed.

So it is also a proof (i.e. a negative one) regarding the equations
which you repeat again in your mail below.

Albrecht

Am Mon, 31 Jul 2017 14:26:11 -0700 schrieb Wolfgang Baer
<wolf at nascentinc.com>:

> Albrecht:
>
> Thank you for Einsein's Paper especially a german version. As I said I
> can no longer remember the exact reference for the formula and but it
> was a book edited by Sommerfeld " The principle of Relativity" in
> which several of Einsteins papers were translated into english. I'll
> try to chase it down.
>
> I'm sorry I do not find your references to synchotron experiments that
> prove the speed of light is constant, I do have your thesis experiment
> but thought this pertained to the photon question , nor can I find
> your equation of the change in c in a gravitational field.
>
> But in any case is the formula mc^2 = m_0 c_0 ^2 *(1/(1 + 2x/c_0 ^2
> -v^2 /c_0 ^2 )^1/2 ) = ~  m_0 c_0 ^2 + mx - (1/2)v^2 where "x" the
> local gravitational potential,  not correct for a single mass particle
> traveling at velocity v , and is the approximation not correct for v< c?
>
> According to Mach's principle  mc_0 ^2 = -mMuG/Ru   in other words
> mc_0 ^2 is the gravity potential in intergalactic space but still
> inside the mass shell
>
> So these considerations gives me a very simple classic visualization
> of most of the relativistic effects,  when v^4 /c^4 terms can be
> neglected. All I've done is acknowledged that there is a universe mass
> shell gravity effect on the  speed of light, and if we accept that
> then we can retain most of our classic physics.
>
> What I am looking for is experiments that prove Einstein's general
> relativity is correct beyond the v^4 /c^4 approximation.
>

> AS an interesting aside if you accept that all we need to do is
> include the Mass shell in the gravity potential then we can rewrite
> the energy relation as a momentum relationship
>
> mc = m_0 c_0 *(1/(c_0 ^2 + 2x  - v^2 )^1/2 ) =  m_0 c_0 *(1/(V-T)^1/2
> ) = m_0 c_0 *(1/(L)^1/2 )
>
> and multipying by c_0
> gives    mcc_0 = m_0 c_0 ^2 *(1/(L)^1/2 )
> which suggests the Relativistic correction simply accounts for the
> fact that phase rather than group velocity is used in some
> measurements like michelson morely and light bending while group
> velocity is used in Shapiro's measurements. I have not pursued this
> but always wondered that the wave mechanics has a phase x group
> velocity be a constant.
>
> Wolf
> Dr. Wolfgang Baer
> Research Director
> Nascent Systems Inc.
> tel/fax 831-659-3120/0432
> E-mailwolf at NascentInc.com
> On 7/31/2017 8:08 AM, Albrecht Giese wrote:
>>
>> Wolf,
>>
>> attached I have added here the original paper of Einstein from 1905
>> as a facsimile (so in German). I cannot find your equation in his paper.
>>
>> Regarding the change of c in a gravitational field: I have given you
>> several times the equation for that. So not a point of discussion.
>> But you complained in the other mail that you have asked me half a
> [...]

---