[General] Role of observer, a deeper path to introspection

Dr Grahame Blackwell grahame at starweave.com
Mon Aug 7 09:16:58 PDT 2017

I agree also with Chip that it's an oversimplification to see single-photon self-interference as an interference phenomenon according to the classical wave description - in this respect I suppose I'm agreeing with Chandra's original point on this, too.

However, it seems pretty clear that different phases of the same wave ARE conflicting with each other - spatially, if not temporally - to result in failure of electron promotion (or enhancing each other, in the additive case, to increase the probability of that event).  To me it all makes perfect sense - if needing a little more explanation that the classical (simplistic) 'interference' subtraction or addition of waves.  That all helps us to understand both photons and electrons more fully, as I said before.

Grahame