[General] Role of observer, a deeper path to introspection

Viv Robinson viv at universephysics.com
Sat Aug 12 15:04:44 PDT 2017

Hi Chip,

I have attached a .pdf copy for you.

Regarding the “spin” of plane polarized photons. Do you have a reference to plane polarized photons having a spin? My investigations suggest that all photons emitted from electrons changing “orbitals” are circularly polarized. These are the X-rays, visible and IR. Photons emitted from antennae, radio waves etc, are plane polarized.

Experiments done on photon spins are the former variety. I have not seen references to using photons that have passed through plane polarizing filters for such measurements. It is something that can be tested experimentally. There may be some interpretation issues associated with such measurement that make it not such a straight forward experiment.

Cheers,

Vivian Robinson