[General] How these discussion help me

Hodge John jchodge at frontier.com
Wed Aug 23 08:53:35 PDT 2017

Chandra:I have montored these discussions. They serve as a base for thinking. I'm retired and that has been a teenager dream. Thanks, all.The current SR discussion has emphsized some conceptual problems. Syncronization is a requirement for SR to make measurements. Without it, an experimenter can know only the resuls of his own results, not what the other frame is doing. But that is enough to do experiments and make predictions.The second area subject to (re)investigion is the assumptions of the experiments "proving" SR (remember "proving" means "not rejecting"). For example, the Michaelson-Morley experiment assumed the aether was like an aerodynamic  wind. A wind has a gradient component and a mass component. The STOE plenum (gravitaational aether) suggests the plenum has no mass component - a gradient component, only. If the experiment is done on Earth and flat to the Earth, there is no horizonal gradient or very little from the Sun and moon.  No gradient - zero measurement.If I remember correctly, MM did measure a small value, but much less than the wind model predicted. I remember thinking the small value was above the experimantal error. Anyone know or know of a  reference? Pehaps the expected calculation was incorrect.Thirdly, as I mentioned before, the concept of "time" is really a clock rate. We have incomplete knowledge about how atomic clocks work. Perhaps, the "time" effects are partly caused by physical mechanisms of decay.Well, I'll finish with the current experiments then address the SR supporting experiments RE: the STOE. Thanks for the discussion, folks.Hodge