[General] light light interactions

Roychoudhuri, Chandra chandra.roychoudhuri at uconn.edu
Sun Aug 27 09:19:11 PDT 2017

Andrew:
    I have been already communicating with my MS classmate in India on this issue. I feel very sad that we have been trying to publicize very complex high energy phenomena as proof of the generic light-by-light scattering! These experiments always involve the presence of high energy particles and/or nuclei (and sometimes unverifiable virtual photons) in some form or other.  Sorry! These kinds of “rapid communications” appears to have more political agenda than serious and honest scientific communications. We are dangerously moving towards establishing “Twitter Physics Culture” for our younger generations!
    All currently working theories are necessarily incomplete as they have been formulated based upon incomplete information about the universe. The job of advanced thinkers is to proactively discover the limits of the “working” theories so our knowledge of the working rules behind the universe is allowed to evolve continuously instead of staying stagnant.
    Let us remind ourselves the experience of our daily lives. We could not have evolved if we were not able to see each other unperturbed in spite of all the other innumerable light signals randomly crossing through the line of sight we focus on. Al visible light beams in nature and laser beams in laboratories pass through each other unperturbed. This is the visible band.
     We could not keep on receiving steady radio and video signals were it not for the reality that these EM waves also pass through each other unperturbed. These are the radio and the microwave bands.
     This is Non-Interaction of Waves (NIW), which I have demonstrated through many re-producible laboratory experiments. [“Causal Physics”, CRC, 2014]. Entire observational Astrophysics would have been producing unstable date were it not for the NIW-property of all EM waves.

     Even Julian Schwinger, apparently in one of his papers, acknowledged that classical Electromagnetism (lower energy and frequency compared to Gamma ray) does not allow for the “photon-photon” interactions in the linear domain.
     I have lost track of this paper. I will appreciate if anybody can send me the correct reference.

Sincerely,
Chandra.