[General] Our forum in the absence of our SPIE conference.

John Macken john at macken.com
Fri Jan 6 09:44:27 PST 2017

Hi Chandra, Chip, Richard, John W, and All,

I have followed your discussion even though I have not participated. The “Nature of Light” conference provided an important stage for new ideas.

This discussion group has shifted slightly towards a search for missing fundamental principles which will strengthen your models of electrons. I maintain that these models are missing the fundamental building block of everything in the universe. Therefore, building electrons out of photons ignores the question: What is the basic component of a photon? I believe that I have the answer to this. I have been able to expand my quantifiable  model of vacuum energy so that it now passes numerous tests. The attached paper is titled: Gravitational Waves Indicate Vacuum Energy Exists  Here are some examples of the tests addressed in the paper.

1)      It gives the correct stiffness of spacetime encountered by gravitational waves.

2)      It gives the correct energy density of black holes when the vacuum energy is 100% distorted.

3)      It shows how virtual particles are formed with the correct energy.  For example, it shows how a Planck length vacuum fluctuation creates a virtual electron.

4)      It explains how the vacuum energy density can exceed the “critical” energy density of the universe, yet not produce gravitational collapse.

5)      A single equation generates both the vacuum energy density and the “critical” energy density of the universe. These differ by a factor of about 10122.

6)      The model generates the equation of the uncertainty principle.

7)      It explains the multiple fields of the standard model.

I suggest that this concept of vacuum energy will be useful to your work.

John Macken