[General] On particle radius

Dr Grahame Blackwell grahame at starweave.com
Thu Jan 12 15:09:10 PST 2017

Thanks Richard,

for illustrating so clearly what I said in my latest email: "As long as we have a mainstream scientific community that's not prepared to review SR critically in light of more recent findings, and will defend SR with any argument that comes to hand (however tenuous)...". Right on cue, you have waded in with a totally inappropriate comparison and given nebulous generalisations presumably intended to nullify my carefully-chosen specifics.

Your response to my precisely defined dual-perspective scenario is (apparently) to propose that it is directly comparable to passing linear photons through a slit.  Your rationale (such as it is) for this change of subject is the truism that different frequencies of TEM waves pass through such a slit with different degrees of success.  [See my quote above: "... any argument that comes to hand (however tenuous)...".]  The differences between my proposed scenario and your attempted substitute are too numerous to detail, I will point to just one: my scenario proposes two reference frames from which the same sequence of events may be assessed; could you please identify the two reference frames from which your proposed corresponding scenario may likewise be assessed?  Your vague generalisations in your final para do nothing to elucidate that point and appear to be thrown in only to muddy the water - not what I would hope of an incisive scientific analysis.

I shan't trouble you any further on this subject.  If you can't see my point by now then I doubt that you ever will.  For my part I can't see any point in my studying your model which is based on a paradigm that I consider to be fundamentally flawed.

Best regards,
Grahame