[General] STR twin Paradox and other matters

Wolfgang Baer wolf at nascentinc.com
Fri Jul 14 23:25:14 PDT 2017

Viv:

I agree with everything you say and believe a rigorous scientific
mathematical theory can be built on principles that includes the
observer. It s a project I'm working on.

However if you insist that "What happens on a macro scale, happens
whether anyone is looking or not." Then you've made the "naive reality"
assumption which is the basis of classic physics and has been dis-proven
on a microscopic scale by quantum theory and quite easy to disprove  in
principle on a macroscopic scale if you ever attempt to account for the
your own 1st person experience.

I refer to the writings of Henry Stapp and Hugh Everett

Everett is known for his many-worlds theory but that was not his
original thesis and that idea was actually popularized by Dewitt who
thought the many-worlds idea  would sell more books. Everett originally
based his theory on the assumption that all systems are observers

This is not outrageous but simply means that there is something that its
like to be piece of material. That assumption and pan-psychism is the
only logical resolution to Chalmers "Hard problem of Consciousness' and
the Explanatory Gap in science. So if you want to logically include your
own experience in a scientific theory then you will eventually come to
the conclusion that all systems are observers. If you do continue to
define physics as a discipline based on the "naive reality' assumption
then you are welcome to do so, but then you've made a semantic
declaration and physicists can no longer claim to be exploring the
nature of reality, but rather a very limited subset of phenomena that
happens to conform to a certain set of assumptions. i.e. physics becomes
a religion and everyone is entitled to their own.

Best wishes,

Wolf

Dr. Wolfgang Baer
Research Director