[General] STR twin Paradox

Albrecht Giese phys at a-giese.de
Mon Jun 26 06:56:47 PDT 2017

Wolf,

I think we should not change the topics which we have discussed during
the last mails. And *as you again **did **not react to my comments I
summarize the open points now in a list*:

*o*   You use for the kinetic energy the erroneous equation T = 1/2
m*v^2 (because we talk about relativistic cases).  So you necessarily
have a wrong result. Why do you not make your deduction (using the
Lagrangian) with the correct equation which I have given you? Or what is
your consideration to use just this equation even if it is erroneous?
Please answer this. This is physics, not philosophy.

*o* Your conflict about the term v^4 /c^4 in the Lorentz transformation
is a result of your use of a wrong equation for T (kinetic energy). Why
do you not repeat your deduction using the correct equation?

*o*  The equation 1/2*m*v^2 /c^2   is not correct and not part of
Einstein's equations. Einstein has given this for visualization as an
/approximation/. Why do you continue with it without a response to my
information that it is incorrect or why do you not argue why you believe
that is can be used?

*o*  The equation for the speed of light which you gave: c^2 = Mu*G/Ru
is senseless which is easily visible. I have explained that. Why do you
not respond to this point?

After we have clarified these discrepancies about SRT we may talk about
the observer or other philosophical aspects, *but not earlier*.

Am 24.06.2017 um 07:14 schrieb Wolfgang Baer:

> I thought I had answered the last E-mail pretty thoroughly, I'll try
> again however I think you are not grasping my position
>
> Einstein Lorentz                                        Baer
>
> make assumptions         make assumptions make assumptions
>
> and write a theory            And write a theory
> And am in the process
>
> That has conclusions      That has conclusions That has preliminary
> conclusions
>
> c=constant c is dependent on gravity
>
> change physics                 Em material stretches
> emphasize invariant of action
>
> lots of non intuitive               probably
> Ok                              Needs to understand the role of the
> observer
>

> So far Ive sent you a classic calculation based upon the fact that Em
> penomena go at rates determined by the classic Lagrangian and I
> believe this very simple formulation explains all experimentally
> verified effects up to fourth order in v/c and in addition and in fact
> the whole reason for my effort is to include the observer and
> recognize that the plenum within the theories of these eminent
> physicist was their own imaginations which is always a background space.
>
> I think I am working on a new and better theory. So far what I have is
> a calculation using in-variance of action.Tell me why I am wrong based
> on experimental evidence not that I have a different theory then
> either Einstein or Lorentz. I know our theories are different but i
> think they are wrong because they are Aristotelian realists and I'm
> using Platonic logic.

If you have a new theory available which can be quantitatively checked
by experiments please present and explain it here. Before you have done
this,  a discussion as it was up to now does not make any sense but uses
up a lot of time. We should not waste time.

Greetings
Albrecht

> [...]
>> have been a term v^4 /c^4 necessary but omitted then this factor
>> would change to something in the interval _1 to 10_. This is a
>> discrepancy by a factor of at least 1'000. Do you really believe that
>> all the scientists at DESY and at the other accelerators worldwide
>> would overlook a discrepancy of this magnitude?
> If this v^4 /c^4   term accuracy has been measured by experiment I am
> not aware of it  I've asked you for a reference. Yes I believe all the
> scientists are simply not aware of their own fundamental assumptions
> regarding the role of the conscious being, which is why I and a few of
> us are working on these issues.

>>> If this is *Not *a detailed argument I do not know what is!
>> Unfortunately this is an erroneous calculation what I have told you
>> now */several times/*. You did not react and did not give a
>> justification but you merely repeated it again and again.
> IS it wrong or is it just based on assumptions that you disagree with?
>
> I believe the question "what does it feel like to be a piece of
> material" is quite legitimate and if we can entertain the question why
> not ask if feelings are not intrinsically part of material and the
> perhaps space is a feeling, the  phase of an never ending event
> Just repeat the phrase "I see myself as ...." quickly for a few
> minutes and you'll get the experience of a subject object event that
> takes on an existence of its own.
>
> Did you read kracklauer's paper ? do you think "that time dilations
> and FitzGerald contractions are simply artifacts
> of the observation, and not induced characteristics of the objects
> being observed themselves."
>
> Well its hard to disagree with this statement because the reason the
> transformations were invented is to show that the Maxwell equations
> which describe a physical fact will transform to describe the same
> physical fact no mater what body you are attached to.
>
> And yet AL I disagree with it because i believe there is a reality and
> the appearances in any observers coordinate frame i.e. body ,
> represent something real that is effected by gravity. And simply
> recognizing that the rate of electromagnetic activity is dependent on
> the gravitational influence the system in which the activity happens
> is under , is a simple provable assumption that connects electricity
> with gravity. Once this is established as an observer independent
> fact. THen that fact also applies to the body making the measurement
> and in that sense and only that sense time dilations and FitzGerald
> contractions are simply artifacts of the observing body.
>
> I did like "It is, that each particle is effectively an “observer”
> of all the others, necessitating the incorporation of the
> attendant mathematical machinery into the coupled equations
> of motion of the particles.'
>
> and am looking forward to Al' promised further work in this coupling.
>
> so Albrecht have I answered your comments for this go around?
No, I do not see any answer as I have listed it above!  You always talk
about different things or you repeat your erroneous statement / equation
without an argument.