[General] Compton and de Broglie wavelengththe "error"

André Michaud srp2 at srpinc.org
Wed Nov 22 20:51:36 PST 2017

Hello John,

You are absolutely right.

In fact de Broglie derived this relation with respect to the values of the Bohr ground state orbit energy parameters.

Heisenberg did the same, except that he formulated the relation so that it could account for a precision drift of the chosen velocity on either side of the selected velocity value about the ground orbit of the Bohr atom.

In 1923, he himself expressed his uncertainty principle as delta_x delta_p equal-or-larger-than h, which is the same as delta_x approx_equal to h / (m delta_v_x), which is fundamentally de Broglie's single valued h/mv for the Bohr ground state orbit.

This is at the origin of Heisenberg's statistical solution.

Best Regards

---
André Michaud
GSJournal admin