[General] Compton and de Broglie wavelength the "error"

Andrew Meulenberg mules333 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 18:55:01 PST 2017

Dear Andre,

Having glanced thru your paper, I see that you may have answers to some
questions that I have had. Some other questions may be important to you.

On Sat, Nov 25, 2017 at 3:49 PM, André Michaud <srp2 at srpinc.org> wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> I have been thinking on your comment: "*However, I have not seen anything
> written on a possible connection between intrinsic spin and the deBroglie
> wavelength (or frequency).*"
>
> Thinking about it, frequency and wavelength describe the observed and
> measurable "oscillating behavior" of energy, frequency being the number of
> time a quantum will complete its EM cycle per second, while the wavelength
> is the distance the quantum can cover during one such cycle at its natural
> velocity.

You have here the answer to part of the problem of the deBroglie
wavelength. The rest of the problem involves which cycle is important. I
would contend that it is the precession of its spin vector. This requires
the assumptions that 1) all particles have, or are composed of particles
that have, spin and charge and that 2) relativistic contraction causes a
torque, which will cause the precession with a frequency dependent on the
velocity and inversely on the mass  (I haven't yet determined if this model
works for compound particles and mixed masses. However, since Compton
frequencies work by summing mixed masses, it could be expected that summing
spin angular momenta would work also.)

> Spin on its part has to do with how EM particles relate to each other,
> either parallel spin alignment or antiparallel spin alignment. Parallel
> spin alignment is related to repulsion between particles while antiparallel
> spin alignment, which is associated to covalent bounding and orbital pair
> filling, is related to attraction.

This raises the point about how 2 randomly oriented particles always
have parallel spin alignment or antiparallel spin alignment. It can't
happen in 3-space. However, if the intrinsic spin axis is primarily aligned
along the time axis then parallel or antiparallel spin alignment is
natural. Since leptons are bound photons, any lepton velocity, v, will
introduce relativistic effects that appear as a torque which will cause
precession (with a velocity-dependent frequency) about the velocity vector.
Thus, the deBroglie wavelength is the distance traveled during a single
precession cycle of the spin axis.

My model further assumes that all particles are, or are composed of,
leptons. Thus, in agreement with your statement in the paper, all nucleons
are composed of relativistic lepton triads (i.e., quarks). Since charge may
be a consequence of spin direction, and attraction or repulsion is
independent of spin up or down, there are consequences of this assumption
that I have not fully explored.

> We know that this is not due to electric charges, because 2 electrons
> (same sign of electric charges by definition, thus electrically repelling)
> can be joined in covalent pairs by antiparallel spin alignment, so this
> leaves only the magnetic aspect of the energy making up the substance of
> the electron mass to be related to spin.

This answers my question above about the consequences.

> This is examplified by this experiment carried out by Kotler et al. in
> 2014 with two electrons from two different atoms forced to interact in
> parallel magnetic spin alignment, which reveals the inverse cube
> interaction involved, which is different from the inverse square electric
> interacton:
>
> https://www.nature.com/articles/nature13403.epdf?referrer_access_token=
> yoC6RXrPyxwvQviChYrG0tRgN0jAjWel9jnR3ZoTv0PdPJ4geER1fKVR1YXH
> 8GThqECstdb6e48mZm0qQo2OMX_XYURkzBSUZCrxM8VipvnG8FofxB39P4lc-1UIKEO1
>
> From my understanding, magnetic spin and charges have to do with the
> nature of the "substance" that electromagnetic energy is, while frequency
> and wavelength have to do with the nature of its "oscillating behavior".

I may agree here; however, I would suggest that the "oscillating behavior"
is precession based and therefore rotational.

> This would be my 2 cents contribution to your other comment: "*I hope
> that some others in the group, who have more ease with mathematics than I,
> will be able to contribute to this development.*".
>
> By the way, I don`t feel particulary mathematically apt either. I think we
> each become more familiar with what part of math we needed to clarify
> issues we were interested in in the past.

I agree. I have also come to the conclusion that physicists sometimes make
assumptions to simplify the math and then try to fit the physics to the
assumptions. This can lead to major problems.

More comments on your paper later.

Best regards,

Andrew M.