[General] Compton and de Broglie wavelengththe "error"

Ray Fleming rayrfleming at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 10:16:43 PST 2017

Richard,

The solution of the superluminal velocity problem is one if perspective. If
we consider a single dipole within the photon (or half photon pair) in its
own rotating reference frame, the speed of light is not exceeded.

This is an observer problem not a physics problem. These sorts of issues
pop up when dealing with rotating reference frames. Maxwell's false
conjection that lead to the MMX similarly failed to recognize the photons
true reference frames.

As for energy, that is another misconception. When dealing with photons we
use the total energy by convention, the central dipole energy plus the
field energy. The same is true with mass-energy (mc2).

When dealing with kinetic energy either electric or mechanical we ignore
the field energy by convention, so we divide everything by 2.

The problem comes when we mix kinetic energy without the field energy with
the actual total energy.

Ray