[General] Interference of Photons

Viv Robinson viv at universephysics.com
Sun Oct 15 14:31:05 PDT 2017

Hi John M and All,

John M, I refer to your comment below:
Saying a photon has “wave-particle duality” is like saying that it has “top-bottom duality”. These are contradictory properties which cannot be equal partners.
I have a different interpretation. One in which a wave and a particle can co-exist in the one structure, that which Einstein called Psi. I append a note that I have sent a couple of times before to the group. You may have missed it. In it I have shown in pictorial and mathematical forms that photons can indeed have wave properties and particle properties in the one structure. I do not see any reason why variations of such a structure cannot exhibit wave and particle properties at the same time. Your comments welcome.

I refer to your statement:

The group all favors a model of an electron as a confined, charged photon.

Many of this group favor the electron as a confined photon. There is a consensus that the confinement is the photon making two revolutions within its wavelength, but not necessarily full agreement as others have forwarded different models. As to the idea that the photon is charged, ther appears to be two interpretations to that. One is that the photon is charged and when it rotates that charge is retained. I have seen no evidence of any liner photon carrying any charge.

Another to which I concur is that the act of the photon rotating produces the electric charge effect. This is possible in two ways. It may well be a combination of both. One is that the photon is circularly polarized and otherwise has a structure similar to that in my appended post. When it rotated the negative charge is always on the outside, giving the photon its negative charge. The other is that the act of the photon rotating requires a reason. That reason can be provided by the continual emission and absorption of photons. In my ongoing work I refer to them as “field photons”. It is they that generate the electric (and magnetic) field associated with individual particles. The “quantity of those field photons depends upon the angular momentum of the particle. As this is always   half hbar, the value of the electric charge will always be the same. Personally I believe that the value of the charge is determined by the field photons generated because of the half hbar angular momentum and its polarity is due to the field that rotates to the outside in the spin hbar photon.

As always I am open to comment and suggestions.

Cheers

Vivian Robinson.

PS	My email program sometimes appends the attachment at the end. If you can’t see it, scroll down to the end and it should be there. A short version is posted at www.universephysics.com. Click on the Photon label at the top of the page.