[General] Experiment

Hodge John jchodge at frontier.com
Thu Oct 26 03:26:21 PDT 2017

IMO experiment only rejects models. Thus, several different models may not be rejected by an experiment. So the challenge is to have a model with the fewest experimental rejections. For example, entanglement experiments reject SR. All the currently popular models have experiments that reject them. Our understanding grows when a new model is not rejected by more observations. This is done by creating a model that reduces to current models (GR and QM) when limiting parameters are considered. That the new model may explain some of the experiment/observations currently rejected helps. IMO ad hoc changes to current models such as inflation, dark matter, and wave/particle duality only make advance more difficult.
Causation is a postulate.  I like the emergent type model rather than the reductionist view.
Hodge