[General] [NEW] SRT twin Paradox

Chip Akins chipakins at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 04:08:34 PDT 2017

Hi Grahame

My intent is not to dislodge relativity. Relativity is a fact.  But one part of SRT is not, the “all motion is relative” part.

I find it interesting that in order to “defend” SRT’s all motion is relative postulate, GR is apparently always used. During the pre GR era, SRT was interpreted to support the idea that space is not a medium and that all motion is relative. Then with GR space has to be curved.  And it is hard to curve what does not exist.

You keep saying that “Relativity” is mathematically self-consistent.  And I agree.  But nothing in SRT proves that all motion is relative. It is just an arbitrary addition to the theory.  No experiment has proven that all motion is relative.

While SRT may be mathematically self-consistent, SRT’s “all motion is relative” is not logically self-consistent.

Chip