[General] What holds mass and charge together

Roychoudhuri, Chandra chandra.roychoudhuri at uconn.edu
Wed Sep 13 08:37:48 PDT 2017

Wolf B.:
You have said: “But that involves  giving up the notion of a fixed objective reality and moving toward a n acknowledgement of a Kantian unknowable about which we make models that express our best guess and judge them based on success.”

Yes! We are forever stuck by partial knowledge about the complex Cosmic Elephant. That is why we, the blinds, must accept that there is no un-changing firm foundation in this universe for us to walk on. The ultimate truth is that we, humans have not yet figured out how to access “the only truth, and nothing but the truth” about our universe. Plato’s story alerts us about the limits of measurements. But, the Asian elephant story guides us to work together synthesizing our diverse cognition capabilities, ITERATIVELY and PERPETUALLY. [See my paper at our last SPIE Conference of 2015; attached.] Nature is a logically self-consistent and marvelously creative system engineer. It is futile to think that we can grasp her reality: (i) by pure life-long mediation alone, (ii) by pure spiritualism and religion alone, (iii) by pure philosophy alone, (iv) by pure mathematics alone, or (v) by pure experimental observations alone.

This is why we need “five” groups of “blind men” to keep collaborating iteratively and perpetually forever and keep on advancing towards understanding the meaning and the purpose of this universe and what the roles of humans should be.
Even though we do not want to recognize this reality, we already have figured out that if we keep at it, (i) by creating logically consistent postulates, (ii) by structuring them using self-consistent mathematics, (iii) by repeatedly validating through “unbiased” experiments, we are getting better and better glimpse about the invisible Cosmic Elephant.

My current belief is that the universe is a  Complex Tension Field. The Cosmic Elephant is elusive to us because everything observable are just harmonic oscillations of this tension field. Of course, this is just one postulate by one “blind man” to build a unified field theory of everything. Current working theories have been built upon sets of limited postulates that were never meant to be integrated into one. That is why it is futile to keep on trying to force fit these theories into one unified theory. We have to start from the very bottom again with the explicit purpose of building a unified theory. We first need to develop several different self-congruent SETS OF POSTULATES, and then keep trying to build different sets of unified field theories and keep testing which one is more congruent with diverse observations compared to others.

Chandra.