[General] Relativity and Gravity

Chip Akins chipakins at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 06:27:16 PDT 2017

Hi Wolf

The concept is that energy, whatever that is, pulls on space to cause displacements.

The energy for a particle is localized, so at a point, so to speak.

Under this assumption, then a photon is a balanced differential displacement of two components of space, with one component pulled from one direction and the other component from the opposite direction. The displacements spin as they propagate forward.

But displacement of space does not stop at the action radius of the particle.  Since part of space has been moved toward the center of the particle to create the dynamic spinning construct which makes up the particle, and since space is a tension medium, the space surrounding the particle is also displaced. So the particle has fields. But these fields are longitudinal displacements toward the particle center instead of the transversely propagating displacements within the particle.

The normal equations for determining the velocity of displacement propagation in any medium are:

vT=sqrt(u/d)  and vL=sqrt((K+(4/3 u))/d)

Where vT is propagation velocity of transverse displacement and vL is velocity of longitudinal displacement, u is the shear modulus, K is the compression modulus, and d is a density term.

So longitudinal displacement propagation is always faster than transverse displacement propagation.

For space we do not have the values for u, d, and K, and they are quite difficult to determine. So it is also somewhat difficult to calculate the velocity of longitudinal displacement.  Experiments have been conducted to try to determine the velocity of charge (velocity of the Coulomb field). But the measured velocity was so fast that in the laboratory frame it appears to be practically infinite.

So I am still working to try to discover the exact value for that velocity, and then the equation for the time constant you inquired about.

So far I suspect the velocity of longitudinal displacement is somewhere between the values 9100 c and 2X10^9 c.  Recent work indicates it may be 21890 c, but I just don’t know at this time.

What this means, is that a transverse displacement within the electron is very thin as it circulates. So the time constant is very fast, as we would expect if longitudinal displacement is very fast.

I’m also beginning to think the Maxwell’s equations are a good mathematical method of representing what we observe. But that once again, what we are able to observe is just a shadow of what is actually happening.  We can only see some of the results of what is actually going on.

Chip