[General] Can a single indivisible photon interfere?

Andrew Meulenberg mules333 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 08:26:36 PDT 2017

Dear Francois,

I liked the inversion of Dirac's statement in your abstract of an earlier
paper (below).

"Simple alternative model of the dual nature of light and its Gedanken
experiment"  F. Henault
<https://arxiv.org/find/quant-ph/1/au:+Henault_F/0/1/0/all/0/1>

In this paper is presented a simple alternative model of the dual nature of
light, based on the deliberate inversion of the original statement from P.
A. M. Dirac: "Each photon interferes only with itself.
*Interference between different photons never occurs."*

While it makes what I feel is a needed refinement of Chandra/s
Non-Interference of Waves position, it perhaps still misses something that
Dirac might not have been aware of - the existence of identical photons.
Your use of "different" *could* preclude "identical"; however, the language
is ambiguous and it could also include separate, but identical, photons.

I would contend that identical photons (and perhaps the recently-produced,
single-wavelength, photons) could interact with one another.

Best regards,

Andrew M
_ _ _