[General] FQXi Essay on "Fundamental"

Wolfgang Baer wolf at nascentinc.com
Wed Feb 7 19:30:42 PST 2018

Dear Chandra:

The FQXI essay you sent metitle “The concept of “fundamental” must keep evolving “**is very interesting I believe a very
  good topic for our discussion group as well as complimenting my own submission title “Adding the Observer to the
Foundations of Physics by Wolfgang Baer”

  https://fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/3043

I only have my URL but recommend anyone interested can navigate to your
paper which is listed alphabetically by last name.

Now to my comments: Your introduction states the general principles most
of us in our discussion group agree on, and I like it. But doubt whether
the references to MDM-E and IPM-E, which I am familiar with,will make
sense to a general audience.

  The basic assumption is stated in section IIc. “There exists only one
physically stationary /inertial /frame of reference in this universe,
which is the stationary CTF. The Complex Tension Filed (CTF)” and a bit
earlier you state “This is where we introduce a new physical postulate.
The basic elementary particles (electrons. protons, neutrons, etc.) are
some form of localized complex EM waves, executing harmonic
oscillations, but in the shape of a doughnut or similar vortex-like
stable structure. The stability of these /field-particles /comes from
their /resonant or in-phase /self-looped oscillations.”

  I think this is a great idea and one that many of our group is
essentially following as you provided a reference #4 to our discussion
group. This leads me to a question I’ve had for a long time, Is there a
reference preferably a paper you can send that will show how stable
/field-particles/can be created from CTF properties. I agree donut like
vortecies are a good candidate but is there physics involved or is the
existence of such stable self generating oscillations an additional
postulate?

  Lets assume field particles exist. On page 5 we get to some thing very
interesting “Within a given material medium, closely spaced assembly of
/field-particles/, the effective value of /εμ /increases, thereby
reducing the velocity of EM waves to /c//med. //= (1/εμ)//1/2 /within
this assembly.” This to me sounds like an aether definition as an
underlying assembly of space cells (you call /field-particles/) similar
to Bohm’s underlying space cell as infinitesimal clocks.

  Here we transition to My paper and concept that we physical beings
/are/ an aggregation of fundamental space particles which makes us a
material based space and in that sense each of us is a Universe of our
own experiences we believe is the real one. I’ve been trying to get this
across to Albrecht for a long time. We are a closely spaced assembly of
/field-particles/in your terminology. and this assembly of elementary
oscillations is a field of self-explanatory measurement activities in
which the speed of light is always a constant characteristic of ourselves.

  I know it sounds a bit odd if you are used to thinking there is an
independent external world that we observe through the windows of our
senses- but it is very likely that we are a self-explanatory measurement
cycle which contains within itself the appearances we experience as
every day objects and these appearances my be aggregations of
filed-particle states and you have identified the physics. So I’m excited.

  Lastly I have a question about the experiment. Is the earth not a
satellite moving through space at high velocity in a direction
determined by the cosmic background radiation red /blue shift? And if so
would your experiment not simply be a Michelson Morely type where the
satellite velocity relative to the direction of the pulsed laser and
detector array is changed by rotating the beam on which these end points
are mounted. So should we not see a relative phase shift when the slate
slab on mercury is rotated. Or are you assuming pulses are different
from phase and in today’s world we can actually measure pulse deviations?

Great Paper

Thanks

Wolf

Dr. Wolfgang Baer